Thatcham Refillable (“we”, “us”, or “our”) operates www.thatchamrefillable.co.uk. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information (“personal data”). This policy describes how we collect and use your personal data during your use of our site, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and associated data protection legislation.
Who is using your personal data?
Thatcham Refillable is the “data controller” for the information that you provide to us when visiting this website. This means that we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the GDPR.
Access to your personal data within Thatcham Refillable will be provided to those staff who need to view it as part of their work in connection with the operation of this website. It will also be shared with the third parties described in Section H. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We may update this policy at any time.
By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Where we refer in this policy to your “personal data”, we mean any recorded information that is about you and from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data). Where we refer to the “processing” of your personal data, we mean anything that we do with that information, including collection, use, storage, disclosure or retention.
Types of data we collect about you
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of data when you use our site:
Data you give us
You may choose to give us data so that you can order our products. This includes information such as your email address, delivery address, invoice address, phone number(s), website address, your business opening hours and delivery instructions.
Data we collect about you
When we collect your data
When you visit our website we automatically collect technical information about your visit from your computer (see Section D2).
Should you choose to share additional personal data, we will collect this when you choose to register to use our site, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, subscribe or register to a service, search our site, report a problem with our site, or any other activity where you choose to contact us with your personal data.
How we use your data
We process your data for one or more of the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services and/or information you have requested (e.g. delivering an order). This processing is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract. Information processed for this purpose includes, but is not limited to your name, email address, and any other information that is required in order to fulfill your request.
- To send you marketing or other types of communication by email (e.g. news updates). We assume that by using our website, you consent to receive such emails. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] In this event, we will stop any processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent and you may no longer be able to use the site in the same way you did before.
- For the purposes for which you use this website (e.g. placing an order). This processing is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to take steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract or to meet our legitimate interests.
- For purposes arising from your use of this website, for example, to ensure that we understand who uses our site and how our site is used and to improve our site and ensure it is secure. This processing occurs because it is necessary to meet our legitimate interests in operating this website. Information processed for this purpose includes, but is not limited to your web browser type and version, operating system, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Please note that we may process your data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We would like to send you information by email about products, services and opportunities which may be of interest to you. By registering on the website, we assume that you consent to receiving marketing emails. We will not provide your data to other businesses so they can use it for marketing purposes.
Sharing your data with third parties
We may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as those who help us to operate our website. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where your data is shared with third parties, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
Where we store or use your data
We may store data collected by the website manually or electronically. The data is stored on our secure servers and/or in our premises within the UK.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Third party websites
Our site may contain links to and from various third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your data for as long as we need it to fulfil our purposes, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of your data and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Alternatively, you can log on to the website and view your own details via the menu option ‘Update my details’.
- Request correction of your data. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you. Alternatively, you can log on to the website and correct your own details via the menu option ‘Update my details’.
- Request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). To request the removal of your data, please email [email protected]
- Object to processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your data to another party.
Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your request it may not be possible for us to do what you have asked, for example, where there is a statutory or contractual requirement for us to process your data and it would not be possible to fulfil our legal obligations if we were to stop. However, where you have consented to the processing, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to [email protected] In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent and you may no longer be able to use the site in the same way as you did before. If you want to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information, you should contact Thatcham Refillable at [email protected] The same email address may be used to contact Thatcham Refillable’s Data Protection Officer. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to this policy